Sunday, April 10, 2011

          How to start off: This will be on the shorter side of my posts, Simply how to get started off with Youtube. Most of the time you can just simply look around search and try to find what you're looking for. Along the way you find a few channels that you can learn from, a few that you find interesting and a few that just make you laugh.

          You need to start off by making an account though, If you start to go into controversial subjects or maybe you're looking into history you're going to run into videos where you need to verify age. Also, I love knowledge and it should be shared, but please don't lie on your age when creating your youtube account. It's only a few more years and you get to watch whatever you want, It's not illegal though, it's simply against youtube's terms and conditions. So create that youtube account, link it to an e-mail address, i'd always say go for g-mail. Best e-mail provider you can get. Create a password unique to you, Don't use your boyfriend or girlfriend's name, don't use your pets name, or your favorite colour. These are easily guessed.

          When I need to create a new password I normally look around whatever room I'm in. Try to find something that I can remember, something that stands out. Then think... what's the first thing I think of when I see this. Make that my password, if you're looking for extra security you can try adding strange capitalizations, numbers, anything to make that password harder to guess. Don't give your password out to anyone, If you must, make sure you trust that person. There's a standard scale system you can use to decide. If they were to hack my youtube acct would i be more upset by that, or the fact that they betrayed me. If I'm more upset by them betraying my trust... I normally can give them my password. Just remember to use good judgement. Only advice i can 100% give... don't give out your password.

          Anytime you see a video that you like, that you learned from, always be generous on youtube, leave a comment, add a like/dislike, favorite something if you really liked it. These things help the creators of the videos, it also gives incentive to create more. I need to head off and cut this short again I do apologize. I'm on vacation at the moment spending some time with people who are important to me.

          I'll see you guys soon, Sorry for such a short topic.
~YoutubeAlumni

9 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Glad to hear you're on holidays, can't wait untill you get back and make more posts though! I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, informative blog, however the background makes things a little hard to read.

    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate that kind of feedback, I'm still quite new to this. I like the look of yours it's well done, I think i'll take you up on that tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dont give up, its the most important law in blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post. Anyone interested in setting up a YouTube account should read this!

    ReplyDelete