Friday, April 15, 2011

How to upload a video



          So how does one become a contributing part of youtube like our good friend Charlie Chaplin? There's many ways to contribute to this community and a lot of people always just think uploading videos. This is probably one of the best ways, but not the only. Simply creating an account (shown in different post) and commenting, viewing, rating, favoriting, you are contributing. I'm going to focus this post more on uploading videos.

          When looking through your youtube account you'll find quite a lot of information regarding uploading videos, the actual process of uploading a video is quite easy, you go to the upload video tab, select to find the video from your computer, hit upload after selecting the video. You proceed to wait depending on how long it takes to upload. Wah-Bam! You're done. This ofcourse is the easiest and final part. You need to start with an idea. You can borrow other peoples ideas, maybe you saw a cool video, heard or a cool story, or even just wanted to try and repeat a subject you learned in school. You can never plagiarize, This is a huge No No! You're stealing someone's idea, you can however, use anyone's work as a muse/inspiration. I for example, was inspired to create this blog from watching cassiopeiaproject videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/cassiopeiaproject?blend=1&ob=5). These videos gave me so much knowledge on evolution, chemistry, physics, relativity, quantum physics, key information I love to carry. I owe this channel so many nights of falling asleep to playlist after playlist. I'll expand more on this youtube channel in a different post.

          So you've found your inspiration, what do I do next. You do need to have some sort of a drive for this but you need to start recording. It doesn't matter if the video turns out terrible, you can always edit. Start recording every chance you get, on your own, with your friends/family. Any footage you can get is key. When you can't record, upload it onto your computer and just look through it, find something that you like, find things you don't like. Keep a little note of parts you want to get rid of, an order to show the footage in, and anything that you like so you can try and hold onto that when you record more. All of these things can help you make a really good video. Try writing a script just from the raw footage that you have, tailoring it to what you liked then simply re-record it all if you need to. Anything to make that video, make you happy.

          Once you have your video uploaded to a style that you like, Post it. You're still not done though, Your opinion isn't the only one that matters, you're going to want feedback, listen to what people post, think to yourself, does he not like the colour red and that's why he's posting that; or is he trying to tell me that red is a terrible colour to be used even if it is crimson because it's makes the text harder to read. Listen to this feedback and try and improve your next video.

          I think that's all for just now, I hope I gave enough information. I'm going to leave a list of some video editing software at the bottom, on a side note. Even though I hate all mac products if you don't have a computer and you're looking for one strictly for video/audio/image editing, mac takes the cake, best on the market. A lot of the main editing software is apple software.

  •  Adobe premiere (9)
  • Premiere elements
  • Premiere pro
  • Encore
  • After Effects
  • Adobe premiere express (flash)
  • Roxio
  • Windows live movie maker (windows only)

Any of the above software are some good starting software that you can use, feel free to look around and find another one that might make your editing days a little bit easier. If anyone finds another one they'd like me to list let me know and I'll put it up.






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. I like the concept of your blog! Good Job
    Following

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me a while to read but once I read it my wife made me pizza! Thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete