Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How to survive the world of the internet



          How to deal with the horrors of the internet. I don't really need to make this post very long but I figure I should touch on this subject... The infamous trolls of the internet. When you're on the internet, especially on a site like youtube you're going to run into people who just want to make life a little more difficult for you, and a little bit more interesting for them. Feedback from the general public as i stated in a previous post is extremely important but don't let it bring you down. There's a lot of people out there who will post vicious, hurtful, or just insulting things just to raise your heat level. Don't take it to heart. Even if someone is being genuine in their reply and it discourages you, remember to just take it with a bit of salt.

          Not everyone on the internet is going to realize how much effort, time, and thought you put into whatever it is that you're trying to post. Take their advice in head, but not in heart. Learn from what they say, because a lot of the time there will be some sort of truth in it. Never let it stop you from contributing. What I've always done in these situations is simply let it feed my desire to post more. I posted on my facebook a few times links to this blog looking for as much feedback as I can get, given the people replying are friends/family but I got a lot of criticism. I'm not letting it discourage me at all. I've updated multiple times simply on the design, layout, banners, anything I can to make it look nicer.

          Essentially... keep on truckin'. There will always be people you can't make happy, and people who will enjoy what you do. Besides if it really disturbed someone enough... why'd they waste their time watching/reading your input.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog man! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ppl in the internet are cold, u should seek carismatic people in the RL, not in the internet.

    ReplyDelete